This post is going to be dedicated to some of the best sweet tooth recipes I have seen on the net. I like to eat good but I have a bit of a sweet tooth every now and then. Everything in moderation. Get ready to be amazed and have your mind blown!! And as always, try to substitute as many ingredients as possible with organic ones! ;)
Apple Ice Cream with Caramel-
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup golden syrup
¼ cup cold water
1x tin (400g) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
2 Tbsp brandy
apples (use nice round red ones that ‘stand up’ nicely)
Place the butter in a saucepan and melt it gently. Add the brown sugar, golden syrup, water and salt. Heat gently at first and stir constantly as the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, still stirring, until the mixture really bubbles like mad. Reduce the heat, and add the condensed milk, vanilla and brandy. Stir until it’s nicely combined and a good caramel colour, then take it off the heat.
Cut the top bit off the apple, and scoop out all the inside flesh. I used a melon baller which was handy, I’m sure a teaspoon would do the trick. If you want to do this more than 5 minutes before serving, squeeze lemon juice over the apple to stop it browning. Fill the apple with a scoop or two of ice cream, and drizzle with the warm caramel (if the caramel has thickened while you got the apples ready, just gently heat it again, or add one more dash of brandy). Top with chopped nuts and serve.
No-Bake Strawberry Lemonade Bites-
For the crust:
4 graham cracker sheets (8 squares)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
For the filling:
8oz-1/3 less fat cream cheese, very (very!) soft
14oz can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup egg beaters all whites, or regular egg beaters
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
3 Tablespoons boiling water
12 small strawberries, sliced in half
1. Place graham crackers into a food processor and process until very fine. Add butter and brown sugar then process to combine. Spray 2 mini muffin tins well with non-stick spray, then spoon 1 heaping teaspoon graham cracker mixture into each cup. Press down firmly with a flat-bottomed shot glass to form the crust, then place muffin tins into the fridge.
2. In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and egg beaters until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add lemon zest and juice and beat until fully combined. In a small bowl whisk together powdered gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Let cool for 2 minutes, then beat into the cream cheese mixture.
3. Fill each mini muffin tin cup to the top with the filling, then place in the refrigerator to firm up for at least 8 hours, or overnight. Run a small knife around the outside of each cup to pop it out of the mini muffin tin then top with half a strawberry. Store in the refrigerator.
Ice Cream Hearts
Ice cream of your choice
Freeze ice cream in the 9X13 pan. Once frozen use cookie cutters. Cute & you don’t have to stand around dishing out ice cream.
Sour Patch Grapes-
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter stuffed Bananas-
Cheesecake Filled Strawberries-
-1 lb large strawberries
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
-3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
Hope you enjoy!