Now I know I don’t need to tell all of you smarty pants people that you should be eating more fruits and veggies, we all know it, but here are 6 really good reasons why you should!
1. They are packed with tons of vitamins and minerals!!
2. They provide amazing antioxidants!
Antioxidants provide a number of health benefits, and they have been suggested as a possible preventative of diseases, ranging from Cancer to Alzheimer’s. Here are a few antioxidant rich foods-
- Green leafy vegetables like kale, collards and spinach
- Berries, cherries and grapes
- Green tea
- Citrus fruits
- Apples and pears
3. They are SUPER easy to prepare!
And they will be even more easy to prepare with this nifty little cookbook trick!
4. They are super tasty!!
And did I say they’re tasty?? :)
5. There are studies linking good eating to happiness! Researchers in the UK discovered that people who eat a lot of fruits and veggies are less likely to have mental disorders and less likely to be anxious, nervous, depressed, and other mental disorders.
6. They are GREAT for your overall health!