What is a BLOG anyways??
People are always asking me how I got started with my blog and the truth is, I dove right in head first, just a mom with computer skills & something to say. All you really need to create a great blog is a blog host, some basic computer skills, good grammar, and interesting, engaging content. WordPress.com and Blogger.com both are great options for hosts to choose from and are fairly easy to navigate. If you are lacking in computer skills I’d go with Blogger.com. Post about the things that you would want to read.
I am far from being a five star blogger but these tips would have been of great use to me when I was in the beginning stages with Uninspired Revolution so I’d like to take the opportunity to share!
1. Blog as much as you possibly can- The more quality content you put out there, the higher the chance that people will see your blog.
2. Make your content interesting- Try to start by picking a main topic for your blog. You can expand into more topics later but in the beginning it is easy to get overwhelmed so try to stick to one main theme. Add pictures, video, links, and audio. Write about things that are relatable to your target audience.
3. Take advantage of social media- Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Sulia are a bloggers best friends! Share share share! Use all of the available free resources to get your posts out there. Once people start clicking that share button your page could possibly turn into an overnight success!
4. Tag your posts appropriately and research seo- If you tag your posts with the correct tags you will get the audience you are looking to attract.
5. Be nice to other bloggers- Stop by other blogs and say hello! Being nice goes a LONG way in the blogging world. Try to find blogs that you like and link to them from your page. There are a lot of bloggers who are happy to do link swaps.
6. Guest Blogging- Pretty much self explanatory. Ask other bloggers to guest blog on your blog in exchange for a chance to guest blog on their page. Keeping connected will serve you well.
7. Be you- Being authentic is so much better than trying to be something you’re not..in life AND blogging! :)
8. Share your content and blog address with everyone you know- Word of mouth goes fast on the internet! You have to put yourself out there to get found.
9. Answer comments and questions- If people are interested and asking questions, answer them!! I know that sounds obvious but you’d be surprised how many people don’t do it.
There is a lot more to blogging but this is a great place to get started. It can be very overwhelming at times so having a little direction is a great asset. Best of luck fellow bloggers!