We all need a little help from time to time and I am ALWAYS all about things that make life easier so I compiled this little list. These are THE BEST, (and some the craziest) household, tips, hints, life hacks, and DIY that I found throughout the internet. I haven’t had time to try them all so if you have tried one and would like to talk about it comment away! :)
1.Kids keep falling out of bed? Put a pool noodle under a fitted sheet as a bumper.
2.Put pantyhose over the hose on your sweeper to locate tiny things without sucking them up.
3.Paint your keys with nailpolish to remind you which is which
4.Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
5. Rub a walnut on damaged furniture to cover up dings
6. Use an old tanning lotion bottle to keep your valuables in at the beach.
7. Migraines-Gatorade (powerade won’t work)
8. Elmer’s Glue – paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off like a face mask
9. Clear up hazy headlights with toothpaste
10.Shiny Hair – use brewed Lipton Tea
11. Wood Treatment- 1 cup Olive oil 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
12.Sunburn – large jar of Nestea in your bath water
13. Smelly Fireplace? Crumple old newspapers and sprinkle ground coffee on top, light a fire and allow it to burn. The yummy coffee aroma will clear the sooty odor.
14. Minor burn – Crest or Colgate toothpaste
15. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it
16. Use a staple remover to get things off your keychain
17. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too (this one works..not sure how good it is healthwise though..)
18. Bee stings – Meat tenderizer
19. Use a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to clean cooked-on gunk from a stove top
20. Chigger bite – Preparation H
21.Cinnamon in the Sandbox – It keeps the bugs away!
22. Remove rust spots from knives with lemon juice.
23. Puffy eyes – Preparation H
24. Paper cut – crazy glue (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
25. Fungus on toenails or fingernails – Vicks vapor rub
26. How to open those impossible to open clamshell plastic blister packs that hold toys and things- Use a can opener
27. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. (Wow, and people drink this stuff?!)
28. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint
29. Vinegar or Lemon Juice as Garbage Disposal Deodorizer Deodorize a garbage disposal. Make vinegar or lemon ice cubes and feed them down the disposal. After grinding, run cold water through the drain.
30. Every time you eat oranges or lemons pitch the peel in the garbage disposal for a natural deodorizer
31. Peanut butter – will get scratches out of CD’s! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
32. Sticking bicycle chain – Pam no-stick cooking spray
33. Soak corks in hot water for 10 minutes before cutting them for crafts–they won’t crumble.
34. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
35. Peanut butter will remove ink from the faces of dolls
36.Use wine bottles or soda bottles to keep your boots in shape.
37. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
38. Dandruff – pour on the vinegar !
39. Make a milk jug into a mini scooper, just keep the handle part and the bottom & cut off the top
40. Body paint – Crisco & food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty container and mix with any food color of your choice.
41. Store cupcake liners in mason jars
42. Tie Dye T-shirt – mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
43. Use a hanging shoe rack (the kind that hang off a door) to hold cleaning supplies
44.Preserving a newspaper clipping – large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia , soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
45. Fill pot with 2″ of soil then place one uncracked raw egg in the pot. As it decomposes, it will serve as a natural fertilizer.
46.Rubber Glove as Pet Hair Remover- Put on a damp rubber dishwashing glove and run your hand over hair-covered upholstery—the hair will cling to the glove, not the sofa.
47. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
48. When you prepare vegetables save the cooking water for your plants.
49. Wrap a rubber band around your thumb for easy paper sorting or page turning
50. Start seeds in icecream cone then plant. 100% safe & biodegradable
51. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
52.To remove wax – Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
53. Fire Ants- Simply pour 2 cups of CLUB SODA directly in the center of the ant mound. The carbon dioxide in the water is heavier than air and displaces oxygen which suffocates the queen and the other ants.
54. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
55. Baked on food – fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets , soak overnight!
56. Crayon on the wall – Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
57. Smelly feet – Jello
58. Athletes feet – cornstarch
59. Use an old issue box to hold plastic grocery bags
60. Dirty grout – Listerine
61. Stains on clothes – Colgate toothpaste
62. Hard water stains- To get rid of lime buildup, make a paste of 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Apply to sink fixtures and rub with a cloth.
63. Grass stains – Karo Syrup
64. Grease Stains – Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
65. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again
66. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer add 2 aspirin , or just use 7-up instead of water.
67. Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist tie-Monday-Blue, Tuesday-Green, Thursday-Red, Friday-White, Saturday-Yellow
68. Use the little plastic piece that keeps your bread closed as labels for cords. Just write on it with a sharpie and clip it on.
69. Use vinegar to get rid of weeds in your yard!
70. Use a small photo album to store small seed packets
71. Test Your Soil’s pH with Vinegar: Sprinkle some vinegar on a handful of dirt. If it fizzes, the soil is alkaline
72. Glue bath toy openings to prevent mold from getting inside and you from having to clean them.
73. Use a coffee filter to hold baking soda for a fridge odor absorber
74. Window squeegee removes pet hair from carpet
75. Copper pennies before 1982 help keep algae from growing in bird bath
76. How to keep flies away when eating outside-Lemons and whole cloves
77. Clean your grill with an onion. Quick, natural and effective.
78. Use salt and a paper bag to clean dust off of wreaths (and more) with nooks and crannies.
79. If you need to remove a nail, criss-cross a couple of rubber bands over the top of the hammer before using the hammer’s claw. The rubber bands will protect the surface that you’re removing the nail from.
80. Clean Your Iron With Toothpaste
81. Hot sauce shines copper
82. Use mustard if you have a stuffy nose and don’t have vapor rub
83. Baking soda neutralizes the ph in the soil and nothing will grow there. Use it around all of the edges of flower beds to keep the grass and weeds from growing into beds.
84. Apply thin layer of polish to center of button to keep thread from coming loose.
85. Use a banana to fix a DVD rub in and gently wipe clean
86. Cornstarch will untangle all kinds of knots. Rub some into the knot in shoelaces, chains, string etc and watch as it comes apart.
87. Use whitening toothpaste to remove tarnish from silver. Cleans without removing all the beautiful patina.
88. Wrap a piece of Glad Press’n Seal around your wrapping paper roll to keep it from unrolling. It comes off cleanly, is reusable, and doesn’t damage the paper like tape or rubber bands.
89. For sharp, rust-free tools, store in a sand-filled bucket (or pots) with a little oil mixed in.
90. Storing yogurt, sour cream, and cottage cheese upside down makes them last up to one week longer
91. Use Hydrogen Peroxide to keep Fountains algae free
92. Rub a piece of wax paper along your shower curtain rod. This will make your curtain glide back and forth, no more sticking.
93. For icy steps and sidewalks in freezing temperatures, mix 1 teaspoon of Dawn dishwashing liquid, 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 gallon hot/warm water and pour over walkways
94. Put cupcake batter in a squirt bottle to eliminate the mess of spooning it in the cupcake wrappers.
95. Use a baby wipe container as yarn holder
96. Place a layer of wax paper on top of upper kitchen cabinets where dust and grease particles gather. Every few months, switch out the paper for a fresh sheet
97. How to cover a dish like an iced cake with saran wrap without it sticking- make a tent with the saran wrap and little drink umbrellas.
98. Use a bundt pan as vertical roaster for a turkey or chicken
99. Put two TBS of vanilla extract in an oven-safe cup/bowl, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. Within twenty minutes the whole house smells amazing.
100. Put a penny in the water to keep tulips standing tall.
101. Natural bathroom cleaner can be created using baking soda and Murphy Oil Soap
102. Cool whip will condition your hair
103. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
104. Swipe fingernails with a vinegar soaked cotton ball before painting to make the polish stay on longer.
Like this post? Vote for the site by clicking the image below :) It only takes one second, seriously!!