Turn your bathroom or kitchen from drab to fab! Make your space into the finest, high-end, luxurious spa with a little imagination..ok so I lied, A LOT of imagination, some candles, and some items you probably already have in your kitchen. You may not achieve the zen spa atmosphere but you WILL achieve the awesome results!
Here are some of my favorite at home beauty treatments from head to toe!
1. Lighten your hair naturally– Mix four parts honey and one part water or apple cider vinegar (which acts as a conditioner). Apply evenly to your hair then cover your head in a shower cap or saranwrap for 2 hours or longer depending on the results you want to achieve. The more often you do this treatment the lighter your hair will get. Works much better on darker hair. Lemon juice in a spray bottle will do the trick as well but be cautious because it will cause damage. I recommend only using it with a leave in conditioner.
2. Beer Hair Rinse– Yes, I know how it sounds, and yes you had better have some good smelling conditioner on hand but this rinse is amaaaazing! Mix 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup conditioner, 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1/4 cup beer (a hoppier beer if possible, the hops are the magic in this rinse because of the nutrients they provide). Apply to hair like you would conditioner and rinse with warm water.
3. Teeth Whitening– Crush one ripe strawberry and mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Apply the mixture on teeth with toothbrush and let it set for 5 minutes; then brush with your regular toothpaste. Repeat once a week. Another good teeth whitening tip for those who use a tanning bed is to smile, the uv lights can help the whitening process! (I am in no way promoting tanning. I am simply saying if you DO tan in a tanning bed, smiling can help whiten your teeth)
4. Detox!– Epsom salt baths are a natural way to detox all the ick from your body. They are best to do right before bedtime because they tend to make ya sleepy so they are great for winding down. Start with half a cup in your bath water and soak for twenty minutes. You can gradually move up to two cups. Do not take epsom salt baths if you are diabetic.
5. Brighten up those yellow fingernails– Are your fingernails looking dingy and yellow? Dig out an old toothbrush and brush those babies with some toothpaste! The white kind works the best, not the gel.
6. Honey & Brown Sugar Body Scrub– This scrub is amazing for exfoliating dry skin after the harsh winters wrath. Mix 2 parts honey with 1 part brown sugar. I recommend doing this one in the shower so it doesn’t make a mess. Apply to anywhere that needs exfoliating in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
7. Longer Lashes– Petroleum jelly is one of those staple products that every woman must have in her home at all times. Aside from the obvious uses did you know that applying Vaseline to your eyelashes can make them grow?!
8. Sugar Hand & Foot Scrub– Combine 2 parts olive oil to 1 part sugar. Rub into hands and feet for about 30 seconds or longer if needed then rinse with warm water and wash excess oil with hand soap. This little trick is amazing for super smooth, sweet, and soft fingers and toes!