ADD- Vetiver, Lavender, Cedarwood, Basil, Orange, Frankincense, Helichrysum, Peppermint, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine, White Fir, Spruce, Pine, Juniper, Ylang Ylang, Rosewood
ADHD- Basil, Cedarwood, Spruce, Pine, Juniper, Ylang Ylang, Rosewood, Helichrysum, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine, White Fir
ACNE- Tea Tree, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Clove, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Melrose, Marjoram, Orange, Rosemary, Roman Chamomile
ADDICTION- White Angelica, Basil, Oregano, Bergamot, Fennel, Dill, Grapefruit, Ginger, Helichyrsum, Juniper, Lavender, Lemongrass, Melissa, Orange, Rosemary, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Sandalwood, Thieves, Wintergreen, Vetiver, YlangYlang
ANXIETY/AGITATION- Vetiver, Lavender, Orange, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Hinoki, Lemon, Melissa, Wintergreen, Clove, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Citronella
ALLERGIES- Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Melissa, Melrose, Roman Chamomile, Citronella, Tea tree, Lemongrass, Myrtle, Wintergreen, Eucalyptus, Spruce, Rosewood
ANGER- White Angelica, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Melissa, Rose, Sara, YlangYlang
ANOREXIA- White Angelica, Basil, Bergamot, Orange, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Ginger, Jasmine, Lemon, Lavender, Nutmeg, Melrose, Oregano
ARTHRITIS- Balsam Fir, White Angelica, Black Pepper, Bergamot, Basil, Cedarwood, Celery Seed, Clove, Coriander, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Ginger
ASTHMA- Balsam Fir, Clary Sage, Cypress, Hyssop, Idaho Blue Spruce, Juniper, Lavender, Myrrh, Lemon, Myrtle, Oregano, Peppermint, Pine, Rose, Rosemary, Sage
AUTISM- Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Blue Cypress, Helichrysum, Lavender, Clary Sage, Cardamom, Peppermint, Geranium, Lemon, Palmarosa, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine, Eucalyptus, Myrtle, Melissa, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Veitiver, Rose, Spruce
ANTI-AGING- Rosehip seed, Clove, Myrrh, Frankincense, Oregano, Thyme
BACTERIAL OR VIRAL INFECTION- White Angelica, Basil, Bergamot, Blue Cypress, Cinnamon Bark, Cyprus, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Ginger, Hyssop, Idaho Blue Spruce, Jasmine, Lavender, Melrose
BLISTERS- Melrose, Thieves, Lavender, Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Myrtle, Raven
BLOOD PRESSURE- Lavender, Marjoram, Neroli, Ocotea, Wintergreen
BONE PAIN- Basil, Cedarwood, Clove, Cypress, Lemongrass, Lavender, Melrose, Vetiver, Wintergreen, Peppermint, Helichrysum
BURNS- Lavender, Balsam Fir, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Helichrysum, Idaho Tansy, Raven, Sara
CANCER- Fennel, Cypress, Frankincense, Lemon, Myrrh, Orange, Raven, Sara, Sandalwood, Tangerine
CELLULITE- Basil, Cedarwood, Cypress, Fennel, Geranium, Grapefruit, Roman Chamomile, Idaho Tansy, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Myrtle, Orange, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme
CHICKEN POX- Bergamot, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Melaleuca
CHOLESTEROL- Lavender, Clary Sage
CIRCULATION- Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Fennel, Geranium, Goldenrod, Jasmine, Helichrysum
CONFIDENCE-Cedarwood, Vetiver, Lavender, Sandalwood, Orange, Tangerine, Lemon, Jasmine, Bergamot, Rose, Roman Chamomile, Hyssop, Spruce. YlangYlang
DETOX- Carrot Seed, Celery Seed, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Juniper, Ledum, Roman Chamomile, Spearmint, Marjoram, Hyssop, Oregano, Fennel, Blue Tansy, Parsley Seed, Coriander,Bergamot
DEPRESSION-Cedarwood, Vetiver, Lavender, Orange Tangerine, Lemon, Blue Tansy, YlangYlang, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lime, Vanilla, Ocotea
DIGESTION- Ginger, Peppermint, Basil, Bergamot, Blue Tansy, Carrot Seed, Celery seed, Lemongrass, Juniper, Anise, Fennel, Tarragon
DISINFECTANT- Clove, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Ocotea, Thyme, Cinnamon, Rosemary
ECZEMA-Cedarwood, Geranium, Jasmine, Helichrysum, Juniper, Lavender, Myrrh, Peppermint, Roman Chamomile
FEAR-YlangYlang, White Fir, Cedarwood, Spruce, Lavender, Vetiver, Juniper, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Rosewood, Lemon, Hyssop, Geranium, Roman Chamomile
FIBROMYALGIA- Balsam Fir, Frankincense, Idaho Blue Spruce, Helichrysum, Lavender, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Pine, Rosemary, Wintergreen, Clove
FOCUS- Lavender, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Peppermint, Rosemary, Basil, Juniper, Sage, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Orange, Lemon, Lemongrass
FUNGUS- Oregano, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Geranium, Idaho Blue Spruce, Lavender, Lemongrass, Melissa, Melrose, Palmarosa, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Spearmint, Thieves, Thyme, Tea tree
IMMUNE SYSTEM- Clove, Cumin, Frankincense, Idaho Blue Spruce, Blue Tansy, Lemon, Lime, Tea tree, Melrose, Oregano, Sandalwood, Thieves, Hyssop
INFLAMMATION- Basil, Balsam Fir, Black Pepper, Blue Tansy, Clove, Coriander, Dill, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Geranium, Roman Chamomile, Ginger, Hyssop, Idaho Blue Spruce, Lavender, Ledum, Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Melissa, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Oregano, Ocotea
INSECT BITES- Basil, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Tea Tree, Melrose, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage
INSOMNIA- White Angelica, Blue Tansy, Clary Sage, Lavender, Vetiver, Anise, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
JOINTS- Basil, Black Pepper, Cypress, Cedarwood, Myrrh, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Spearmint, Wintergreen
KIDNEYS-Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Cypress, Fennel, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Juniper, Jasmine, Lemon, Helichrysum, Geranium, Orange, Wintergreen, Sage
LIVER- Blue Tansy, Carrot Seed, Celery Seed, Cedarwood, Cypress, Clove, Dill, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Roman Chamomile, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Hyssop, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Ledum, Lemon, Myrrh, Myrtle, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sage, Tangerine, Wintergreen
LUNGS- Balsam Fir, Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Goldenrod, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree
MENSTRUAL- Clary Sage, Vetiver, Fennel, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Orange, Lemon, Tangerine, Clove
METAL TOXINS- Clove, Cypress, Dill, Frankincense, Juniper, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Cilantro, Ledum, Helichrysum, Celery Seed, Idaho Balsam Fir, Coriander, Mellisa
PAIN- Melrose, WIntergreen, Clove, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Spruce
PARASITES- Clove, Lemongrass, Lemon, Cumin, Ginger, Goldenrod, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Anise, Vetiver, Bay Laurel, Tea Tree, Fennel, Nutmeg, Thyme, Idaho Blue Tansy, Nutmeg, Oregano, Lemon, Basil, Bergamot, Roman chamomile, Peppermint, Pine, Tangerine, Thyme
SPINAL PAIN- Basil, Black Pepper, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Juniper, Oregano, Tangerine, Clove, Thyme
STRESS- White Angelica, Lavender, Vetiver, Orange, Tangerine, Vanilla, Ocotea, Cedarwood, Lime
URINARY HEALTH- Melrose, Clove, Rosemary, Tea tree, Myrtle, Geranium, Nutmeg, Sage, Spearmint
1. A diffuser- Oils are placed in a device with water that blows the oils directly into the air. I recommend this method.
2. You can use the oils ‘dry’ on a cotton ball and smell it when needed or keep it close by.
3. Steam- You can put the oils into a basin or bowl of steaming water. The oils attach to the steam molecules and rise. Place your head over the bowl with a towel over you and breath deeply. This method is very potent.
4. You can use the oils in a spray bottle with water.
5. You can apply the oils ‘neat’ which basically just means to apply to the skin. I always suggest using oils with a carrier oil so you avoid irritating your skin, Coconut oil is my favorite carrier but there are several others you can use. I use one to three drops of essential oil per teaspoon of carrier oil. 3 drops of essential oil is a 3% solution, 1 drop is a 1 % solution etc.. For very sensitive skin or for children I would cut it back to a .5% solution to start until you see how it works with your body. I typically tell people to start off by applying to the bottom of the feet. Here’s a helpful chart.
6. You can use essential oils in the bath. Put them in a carrier oil first.
7. You can apply the oils to the affected area with a carrier oil then apply a warm compress.
8. Or you can use them in a roller bottle or something similar.
Different oils work better with different methods so I suggest googling the ones you are interested in. I recommend using each oil with caution and I ask that you educate yourself of the possible risks of each oil. ALWAYS keep essential oils away from heat sources and out of reach from children and pets.
*I will be adding to this occasionally so check back in!
* I am obviously not a doctor, nurse, or any type of health professional. This site is for informational purposes only. Consult a doctor before making any decisions about treatment of any conditions you may have, or think you may have. Many opinions expressed on my blog are based on articles I have read, as well as my own thoughts, knowledge, and experiences. So in other words, use your own brain..I’m assuming you will cause you were smart enough to make it to this awesome page! ;) Foot chart image credit here .